Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Beginning

My first blog post of all time!

I'm not quite sure what took me so long. Having your own webpage is pretty standard by now. Well, anyway, here I am. The name's Arthur.

The most important article on the agenda is the explanation on the blog name. There are plenty of blogs on the same general subject as mine so I thought it necessary to make my sound original in a silly way. I like cantaloupes a lot so that part was an obvious choice! I thought I'd be avant-garde and use some alliteration. I'm taking economics at university so Capitalist worked! And so Capitalist Canteloupe was born! Feel free to tell me what a wonderful name it is!

I am an excellent artist and so I made sure that my blog has it's own mascot! A cantaloupe holding money! Clever, says you! I'll make him into a sexy banner later.

Now I am thinking that I should tell you a bit about myself.

I am a university student majoring in economics. Just finishing up the exams for my second year right now actually. I like to make sure I am entertained in my spare time. Anime, video games, books, and the internet help me superbly in this regard.

Video Games: I've got a Wii, PS3 and a DS. Currently, I've been playing LittleBigPlanet with my bro. Lots of fun!

Anime: Just bought Gurren Lagann Set 01. I'll watch it soon and I'll blog about it later!

Manga: Just bought Naruto volumes 31-33. Midway through those. Great stuff.

Books: I've got a ton of Neil Gaimon to read but I haven't had time in ages. Maybe during the summer.

Internet: I'll blog about my favourite sites later. Webcomics, other blogs, and other stuff abound!

Ok, that's it.

This is pretty neat. I shall continue posthaste.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on joining the wonderful world of blogging!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the spiffy comment!