Friday, April 17, 2009

Gurren Lagann and Naruto

Welcome fellow internetters,

As I mentioned before, my newest swag is in the form of Gurren Lagann DVDs and some Naruto volumes.



I haven't had a chance to watch the Gurren Lagann DVDs yet since I'm (cough) studying for my stats final. For those of you who don't know, Gurren Lagann is an over-the-top mecha anime. The box reads: "Get ready for buxom babes, beastmen and giant mechas as only GAINAX can provide them!" I quote the back of the box simply because I am pretty sure I can't sell you on it any better than that!

I saw part of it online but being a great person I have now purchased it. Being an econ student kind of clues you into these things. You need to actually help the economy out a bit, people! Plus, only true fans buy the DVDs! The price tag for a long running series like Naruto, One Piece, or Bleach is really freaking scary but your standard 24ish episode anime isn't all that bad if you buy box sets and such.



In case you didn't notice, the boxset features a flaming skull with spiky sunglasses. If that and the box quote don't encourage you to watch it then this probably isn't for you! I've seen FLCL, another one of GAINAX's, which is one of my favourites so I can't wait to get watching this one!

No buxom babes on the DVD covers yet but DVD 2 has that sexy Kamina fellow on it so there you go!

Finally, I finished Naruto volumes 31-33. So many cliffhangers. I'll get more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the spiffy comment!