Saturday, April 25, 2009

Gurren Lagann Eps 1-5

It's been a while but I finally managed to watch some of my anime. And now I am done exams so everyone gets to hear about it!

Now here is where I would link you to the opening video so you could be amazed and all that. Sadly, Youtube is failing me here. There are a bunch of full song videos but none of the actual opening that I can find. Alas, bear with me in this post lacking in both video and pictures.

The first 3 episodes were definitely my favourite so far. This seems sort of strange since they were the intro episodes. Each of those episodes introduced an important new concept to do with the gunmen (mechas). The next two episodes weren't quite as good. Still a very good series in my opinion especially if the episodes get more interesting again!

So Kamina is definitely the favourite for my brother and I. Simon can be a bit annoying. Yoko is sexy, sure, but Kamina is just so damn manly. Over-the-top manliness in something nerdy like an anime or whatever is just so friggin' hilarious to me. I mean, c'mon, this guy tried to take on a giant robot with a katana in the first episode. Pretty rad stuff.

Hopefully I can watch the rest of the episodes that I have tonight or tomorrow. Most likely tomorrow. Then I will need to find some more pronto. HMV seems to be my best bet since my local comic store has been failing me on the giant mecha front!

And here is Kaminaloupe for your viewing pleasure. I think I'll have to make this a habit. Doodling a cantaloupe fanart thing. Yup. Sorry. I know I promised no pictures but here you go!



PS Capes are hard to draw.

2 comments:

Thanks for the spiffy comment!